Making a surfing video is an art form. It takes skill, patience, and a lot of practice to get it right. But with the right tips and advice, you can create an amazing surf film that will make all your friends jealous! In this blog post, we will discuss how to make surfing videos like a pro. We’ll talk about the best cameras to use, how to film on a surfboard, and how to put together your final product. So whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, this post has something for you!
How to make surfing videos: A general overview
There are a few things you need to consider before making your surfing video. First, what type of surf film do you want to make? Are you looking for an action-packed clip with lots of waves and tricks, or is a more chilled-out vibe more your thing? Or do you want to film a tutorial explaining your favorite trick? Once you’ve decided on the mood, style, and theme of your film, you can start thinking about the shots that will best capture it.
Next, you need to choose the right camera equipment. While a high-end DSLR might give you great results, it’s not always necessary – especially if you’re just starting out. There are plenty of affordable action cameras on the market that will do the job perfectly well. Just make sure the camera is waterproof and has good battery life.
Now that you’ve got your camera sorted, it’s time to think about where and when to film. It’s better not to have too many other people in the background, so if you want to shoot in a popular place, make sure to choose the time when there are as few people around as possible. Also, consult the local laws to check if you are allowed to film in a specific area.
Once you’ve got all your shots filmed, it’s time to start editing! You can do this with any video editing software, but we recommend Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro for surfing videos. There are plenty of tutorials online if you’re unsure how to use these programs, and they both have a relatively easy-to-learn interface.
Now, let’s give into the details.
Best action cameras for surfing
There are a few different action cameras on the market that are perfect for filming surfing videos. One of our favorites is the GoPro HERO, which can be attached to your surfboard or body to get amazing shots from all angles. It’s also waterproof and has a long battery life, making it ideal for filming extended sessions.
If you’re looking for an alternative to the GoPro, we recommend checking out the Sony HDR-AS50R Action Cam. This camera is slightly cheaper than the GoPro but still offers excellent quality footage. It’s also very easy to use, with a range of shooting modes and settings that you can tweak depending on your needs.
You can also check out Nikon CoolPix W300. This camera is a little more expensive than the GoPro and Sony Action Cam, but it offers some great features that those cameras don’t have. For example, it’s waterproof down to 33 feet and can film in low-light conditions. It also has built-in Wi-Fi, which allows you to control the camera from your smartphone or tablet.
Another option is Drift Ghost 4K. This camera is designed for extreme sports, perfect for filming surfing videos. It’s waterproof and can film in high-resolution at up to 60 frames per second. It also has a built-in microphone that records stereo sound, making it great for capturing the sounds of waves and crashing surf.
How to film on a surfboard
When filming on a surfboard, there are a few things to remember.
● Try to keep the camera as still as possible. You can do this by attaching the camera to your body or surfboard with a strap.
● Always make sure you have enough battery life and storage space left before filming – you don’t want to run out of power halfway through a shot!
● Remember to capture all the different aspects of surfing: the waves, the surfer, and the environment. Try to get creative with your shots and use different angles and perspectives to add interest.
● If you’re filming a tutorial, make sure to keep the camera on the surfer for the entire duration of the trick. This will ensure that the viewer can see exactly what’s going on.
Also, don’t forget about off-board shots. If you’re making a tutorial, you can explain some part of the technic on the land and then move on to showing everything in practice. You can also film an intro and outro parts on land. You can use a tripod or a stabilizer to make your camera steady.
Putting the video together
Once you’ve filmed all your footage, it’s time to start putting your video together. Take a look at the tips below:
● Start by editing your clips down to the essential shots. This can be done with any video editing software. You can find the list of software we recommend below.
● Next, add music and sound effects to set the mood of your film. There is a range of free music libraries online that you can use, or you could create your own soundtrack.
● Finally, add text, titles, and voiceover to explain what’s happening in each shot. This will help viewers follow the action and understand the story you’re trying to tell.
Best video editing software
Here are some of the programs you can use:
These programs allow you to add music, text, and effects to your video, making it look professional and polished. There are also plenty of tutorials online that can help you get started.
Filming surfing videos can be a lot of fun and a great way to capture your sessions. By using the tips in this article, you’ll be able to create videos that are both interesting and informative. Have fun filming!